Legal Aid Lawyers in Burnaby - Energy law for the emerging world of energy markets is our company's specialty. There are many challenges in addition to new opportunities for our firm to help assist our several clients in taking advantage of this new world. Our energy law group offers a comprehensive array of legal services to local and worldwide energy clients. We serve everyone from start-up businesses to major corporations. Whether your business offers solar energy technology or more traditional types of energy generation, both have complex transactional needs. We offer sound and sensible representation and advice drawing on a depth of understanding of the legal, economic, and political issues involved in energy matters.
1. Associated to the field of renewable/alternative energy technologies, we can help with new developments in wind, fuel cells, solar, geothermal, hydropower, biofuels, and biomass. In the case of the solar energy business, we act for developers, manufacturers, and users in preparation of tax matters, development agreement, land and roof release, legislative and regulatory matters, commercial arrangements and financing agreements with investors with investors as well as regulatory and legislative matters;
2. We are involved in energy efficiency demand management and cogeneration projects in institutional, commercial, and industrial contexts, comprising construction, financing and engineering problems;
3. In respect of new statutory requirements to complete energy plans and their integration of land use, we provide suggestion to public and private entities;
4. For energy projects we help to structure and negotiate joint venture arrangements, project financing, acquisition and transfer and licensing arrangements;
5. Within the early stages of commercialization and financing of clean technologies, we could provide lots of services to assist;
6. With new energy and environmental law requirements comprising carbon management and disclosure, we could assist with approvals and compliance;
7. We assist to create, protect and commercialize intellectual property rights;
8. We could help in initial public offering opportunities, venture capital opportunities, private equity;
9. We represent clients at hearings before agencies and regulatory commissions about problems like for example "leave to construct" applications for both gas and electricity infrastructure, licensing, setting of rates, creation of independent transmission businesses, approvals, compliance matters and permitting
10. We can assist other senior management and the board of directors concerning certain matters including corporate governance and disclosure, environmental stewardship and liability matters, climate change, changing regulatory issues, and, where appropriate, helping in representations to governments.
Click to Download the pdf